Monday, January 11, 2010

What Happened to December??? It just flew by!!

I put all my pictures in backwards... so we'll do a Pre-Christmas review backwards. Oh well. It will have to do..
This year was Trent's turn to put the Angel Moroni on the finished tree. We waited until Elizabeth got home from School to do it so it actually ended up being put up on Christmas eve. He was quite excited to have his turn. New Star of the year.. Each year for the past several years I have went out and bought a new star for our tree. As part of our Christmas tradition before Christmas we go in seach of the star. I hide the star somewhere in the house and everyone has to search to find it. I have usually gotten silver shiny stars or even more decorative, but this years star stuck out to me when I saw it in the store. I liked that it was simple and more homemade looking. I guess when I think of the birth of Christ and that a king was born in a lowly stable...I don't know, I guess the star just seemed to fit this year. :)
Elizabeth came home from BYU-Idaho on the 19th of December. We had already decorated the tree but we saved her special ornaments for her to put up.
The greatest gift we got this year was Elizabeth coming home from School. Quick story... her plane came home late in the evening so Darin and I went and picked her up alone. We left everyone else home. We took her out to get a bite to eat before home and arrived back here around midnight. Everyone had waited up for her but Amberly and fallen asleep on the couch. Elizabeth went over to her and tried to wake her up. Amberly gave her a hug and let her hold her but we could all tell she was not awake. She laid back on the couch by Darin as Elizabeth hugged on Trent and Eyn. Darin sat and rubbed Amberly trying to wake her up. She finally opened her eyes and looked at her Daddy and realized we were home and that meant one thing... Elizabeth was home!! She jumped off the couch and attacked Elizabeth. It was priceless!! She was so overjoyed to see her big sister. It was one of those moments that I'll always treasure!
Like I said earlier... decorating the tree. Nearly done with it!



Putting the tree together.
We had a great time decorating the tree and getting ready for the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment