Monday, January 11, 2010

New Years and some Random Pictures

This first picture is actually a Christmas Day left over. Darin got the game "Would you Rather" for Christmas and we all played it together. It was a fun game! This is a picture of Trent doing a "Pose" for a short amount of time. It's not so easy standing like that for a few minutes! Our family really enjoys games... I got Guestures from Eyn and so the day after Christmas we got to play it. It's pretty much Charades and it's GREAT!! We were unsure as to how good Amberly would be able to play but her and Trent did better than all the rest of us!! This picture is of Elizabeth on one of her turns. Great shot Darin!! :)
New Years Eve - It wasn't suppose to get as cold as it did that night!! Elizabeth went out with Friends that night. We had to do fireworks! We had such a hard time doing them this year because it got really windy and cold! The lighter refused to light and the little lighter sticks they give you when you buy fireworks kept going out. We ended up bringing a candle out that was protected in the jar it was in to help with lighting the stick and then immediately light the firework. It worked! It was cold, but fun!



Notice the wind blown hair and rosy cheeks!
The "unshaven" look. Darin actually had the last half of December off and 1st part of January off from work. It was nice being able to have everyone home for the break.

New Years Day we invited the grandparents up for a day of games. Actually, a day for the boys to play Darin's new Star Trek Monopoly. They played it and also our new Uno Spin. We love that game!!! It is really popular in our home right now! We have had some really "LONG" games! After the grandparents left we played another game of Monopoly and I actually played. (I'm not a monopoly fan!) I wiped them all out!! Trent tried to do a come back after I was "nice" to him a few times, but he could have never come back and beat me with all the property with hotels I owned! I like the game, but I hate how it makes me feel when I'm beating everyone and they all get gloomy.
Just a random picture of Amberly and a few of her animals. I found her this way one afternoon watching TV. Cute!
I found a gingerbread house half off and bought it for Amberly and Trent to make. They had a lot of fun putting it together, but I think they actually enjoyed eating it even more! They were nice and let everyone enjoy eating it with them. They really did a great job with it! It was hilarious because the roof just did not want to stay on so I was sitting there trying to hold it in place while they quickly decorated it. They just wanted it done so they could eat it! They ended up waiting till Darin got home so he could see it before it was consumed!


Happy New Year Everyone!! May 2010 be a Bright and Wonderful Year for all of us!!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy updating your blog!! Way to go!! It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas and News Year!!

    ReplyDelete