Thursday, September 11, 2008

Waiting for Hurricane Ike

Our family is currently waiting for Hurricane Ike. It has been a long week watching and wondering exactly where it is going to make landfall. Now that the cone has shrunk our area of Texas has been put into high gear making sure everything is prepared. I feel like we are in pretty good shape. I completely filled the van with gas yesterday morning before the lines got long. Darin tried to get gas last night and the gas station closest to our house was out of gas. So, he went back early this morning after taking Elizabeth and Eyn to seminary and was able to get some without any problems. The lines today are really bad. Chevron closed their Houston offices early today so Darin has been home most of the day and the schools and all extracurricular act ivies have been canceled through the weekend. (Including Elizabeth's ACT test) Businesses will be closing up early tomorrow. Where we are located we are expected to get winds of up to 80 - 100 mph. Scary! But, we have been told to "hunker down" and shelter at home. Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Sharon will be coming up to stay with us during the storm. It should be an interesting weekend. I'm so thankful that we have prophets that have told us to have our food storage and be prepared. I've been told that the stores are horrible today and I'm just glad we don't have to deal with them. It will be interesting if we have to go without power and water for awhile, I can't stand the heat! As for now, I'm just trying to get all the laundry done and make sure things are in order in the house. Darin was outside this morning trimming a few of our trees to help protect our house.

Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Tricia,
    BE SAFE!!! I am really glad I don't have to worry about hurricanes... Although sometimes my 5 boys can make a significantly comparable mess sometimes. Stay away from windows, and hopefully we'll hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete