Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eureka Science

This morning I was able to go and help the 1st graders at Eureka Science. Eureka Science is a parent run science program at our elementary school where the children get to learn fun and exciting aspects of science. Today the 1st graders were learning about simple machines. It was sooo much fun!!! I was able to work with the children as they got to use a peeling machine to peel and core apples. When the apple came out it was actually like a slinky! The children loved it!! Other activities included using a screw driver, using pulley's to lift a carton with rice in it, using catapults to fling marshmallows at a target, getting on teeter tater's with a classmate, and some other small simple machines they got to experiment with. What a great program it is!!! I always feel so blessed for the wonderful schools my children go to! Amberly looked like she was having a lot of fun. I loved being able to be with her. It made me sad because when her class was done and my shift ended to go home she began to cry. It broke my heart! She wanted me to come back for lunch but I had lunch plans with friends and couldn't. I'm glad that there are lots of opportunities to volunteer in our schools!
Amberly (middle) using her screw driver to put a screw in a board

Amberly at the apple peeling/coring station

1 comment:

  1. Your doing such a great job, keeping up!! i love all the pictures! Your one busy mom! ;-)

    ReplyDelete