Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek Night at the Movies

Last night Darin, Elizabeth, Trent and I went to the opening night of the new Star Trek movie! Okay, now I have to be completely honest while writing this. My husband grew up watching Star Trek. He has Star Trek toys, Star Trek Christmas Ornaments, a Star Trek Uniform, Star Trek Models, Star Trek DVDs, Star Trek Games, Star Trek Books, and even Star Trek Barbie Dolls. He is not the Star Trek Trekkie Geek you see sometimes. He just enjoys it. This enjoyment has rubbed off onto Trent somewhat and some onto Elizabeth. I grew up not really caring about it and was "forced" into it when we got married. One of the reasons I never liked the original series was because of Captain James T. Kirk. I could not and can not stand the cockiness of that man!!! Not just the character but the man who plays him. (William Shatner) Just typing his name makes me gross out! Well, all that changed for me last night. I LOVED Chris Pine playing the young Captain Kirk! He was awesome! I absolutely LOVED Spock and the entire story line of the movie! The story line was exciting. Every emotion was felt at some point of the movie. Everyone was either crying or wanted to at one point. People were laughing at the right places in the movie. It was exciting with awesome visual affects. It was a great movie! I love the new direction this could take the Star Trek Enterprise. It was worth the money to go see it in the theatre. (We actually had 2 free movie passes and Elizabeth and Trent got student prices! ) Anyone could enjoy this movie. You don't have to know Star Trek to enjoy it. Yes, you get all the wise quack remarks if you know Star Trek. Like when McCoy said He likes Spock. (The whole audience laughed!) So, my review of the movie is two thumbs Way UP!!

Elizabeth met a new friend at the Mall!

Notice the Star Trek Dolls in the game machine! When we were at the theater a few weeks ago they had a big Star Trek sign on display but it was gone last night. I wanted to get a picture in front of it, but this was the best I could do!


No comments:

Post a Comment