Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Surgery Success / July 4th Celebration

I'm happy to say that my surgery is over and appears to have been successful. After nearly 3 months of insurance nightmares it's such a relief to have it over with. It has been a rough week, but I'm so happy to have it behind me. Darin has been incredible this week. After I came home from the hospital things were going well when I started to get nauseous. I couldn't get past it. It was horrible! I couldn't keep anything down all day and night Friday. Darin was exhausted because he was up with me most of the night. We spoke to the doctor in the middle of the night and he suggested going to the ER and getting blood work done and finding out what was going on. Friday night in an ER just didn't appeal to either of us. Finally early Saturday it came to Darin to try some anti-nausea medicine I had taken before. He started giving it to me every 10 minutes and It worked!! I was finally able to drink fluids and keep them down and then he fed me small bits of bread. Miracle! With the nausea gone a lot of the pain stopped. I'm still struggling with comforts of sleeping, but that's getting better too. YEA!!

Eyn had his surgery on Monday. I have never been on the waiting end of a surgery. It was hard watching them wheel him away to surgery. We luckily only had to wait about 1 1/2 hours to talk to the doctor again. His doctor is incredible! I feel really blessed to have him. Eyn came out of surgery groggy and looking so incredibly sad. It broke our hearts! He hurt and I hated that! We were able to bring him home early Monday afternoon. He has his arm wrapped straight and tight with a splint in it. He will get it taken off on Friday and then he will start rehab. I know that will be tough, but he can do it!!
Were both kind of a pathetic sight!
The past few months have been really tough with all the problems with our insurance, but Darin and I can't help but wonder if we were suppose to go through these problems so that the changes could be put in place so that when this happened to Eyn that he would have the doctor he has. It's amazing how things happen and work out for the best for everyone. I know that our prayers have definitely been answered and we are stronger and better because of them.



July 4th Celebration



On July 4th I was incredibly sick, but we had children who still wanted to enjoy the fun. One of the great things about living where we do is that you can do "all" fireworks. It is always so incredibly loud outside on the fourth of July and also on New Years Eve. But it's so much fun!! They had been asking all day long about fireworks but I felt so bad Darin couldn't leave me. We had a few left over from New Years in the garage so we were just going to let them do those. But luckily, that evening some friends of ours called and asked what they could do to help us and Darin said PLEASE get our children some fireworks. They were more than happy to pick some up and bring them over. We were saved! So, while I was laying on the couch miserable they all went outside and had some fun for a little while. I was more than happy laying on the couch listening to the popping outside and the barking of our dog going crazy from them!! Here are a few pictures of their fun night.




No comments:

Post a Comment