Friday, August 6, 2010

Skating with Friends

In an attempt to do something different and to stay out of the extreme heat we have been having, we decided to spend the day at the skating rink. Trent invited some friends and off we went! Next time we plan to invite more people with more notice! It was so much fun!! We spent 4 hours there and they never once asked me if it was time to go! I was able to sit and enjoy visiting with a friend and reading my book in the A/C. It was GREAT! We even scored by having buy one get one free coupons. I think I spent around 15 dollars total and the kids all had loads of snacks and cold water.
I know this first picture is blurry, but you can see Trent getting up off the floor where he spent a lot of time. He hasn't skated in years! He informed me toward the end of the day that he needed pads, especially for his bum. I think he was quite sore when we left.
Ms. Amberly enjoying herself. She did quite well skating. She is ready to go back!
The Jensens and the Quiriantes were there also. This is Seth Jensen. He was quite a good skater!
Around and around they went! Its amazing the memories this brought back to me! The skating rink in Midland growing up was the Junior High hangout. I spent plenty of weekends there.

Trent, John Jensen, and Jaron Quiriante
They had such a great time!

John taking a snack break.
Sweaty, Stinky, Tired Trent
One happy girl!
I wish I would have pulled the camera out earlier and taken more pictures. We had a great day! They all agreed we need to get more people together to go again before school starts back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment