Friday, March 26, 2010

Orchestra Recital

Last night Trent had his first Orchestra Recital. He is currently in his first year playing the cello and he absolutely loves it! I wasn't able to go to his recital so Darin recorded it for me. It was BEAUTIFUL!! His musical ability has always simply amazed me! He began taking piano lessons when he was little from Elizabeth and then took a few more years from another teacher before deciding to try the cello. His piano skills have definitely helped him with the cello. He has actually kind of been bored with the ease of it. He is looking forward to next year in hopes of more of a challenge. I love to listen to him practice! He enjoys taking primary songs and transposing them to play. We also enjoys playing other music he received for Christmas. Now that we know that he is dedicated to playing we plan on getting him a personal tutor. It really is amazing to me how just a few months ago he didn't know anything about the cello and now he sounds so beautiful on it! I think these musical teachers they have at school work magic or something! Great Job Trent!! Trent at his recital. He looks so grown up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment