Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Coach - New Beginning

We found out late last night that Amberly's team has a new coach. The new coach is Coach Eldrod and she is actually the head 7th grade coach at Cinco Ranch Junior High and mom to one of the girls on the team. Amberly was actually excited for the change. Trent's game was at the same time as Amberly's today so I wasn't there for most of the game, but Darin said the new coach won the girls over in the first few minutes. She had them smiling and laughing way before the game started and they were just having a great time. It was like the light came on for those girls! Trent and I arrived in time to see the last quarter and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Yes, they lost by a lot, but I saw a confidence and enthusiasm in those girls I hadn't seen all season. The new coach was constantly encouraging the girls, giving them high fives, teaching them the entire time. The little girl who quit earlier in the week came back and looked like she was having a blast. As I walked in and was greeted by a few of the parents you could see the joy and relief on their faces. It truly is amazing how someone can bring such a negative energy into an entire room and how the same with the opposite can happen also. We are looking forward to an exciting remainder of the season. I am excited to see the girls at the next game after a few practices with their new coach.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm glad Amberly's team got such a great coach! It's going to be a great season for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all feel such a relief. As more and more stories come out about the former coach I'm just thankful that we didn't have any direct problems with him. Our new coach loves these precious little girls and it shows in the way they act around her. Basketball is once again a fun and exciting activity for each of them.

    ReplyDelete