Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School Blues

School is finally back in session. I don't know whether to shout for joy or cry my eyes out!! It's definitely going to be an interesting year for our family. Our oldest daughter Elizabeth is a senior this year and our youngest daughter is in Kindergarten. A new beginning for one and the ending for the other. But what's also unique is that Eyn is beginning High School this year as a freshman and Trent is ending elementary school with 5th grade. Definitely a unique year!!
I can't say that everyone was excited to start school again, but I think everyone kind of felt like it was time. I always enjoy aspects of starting a new school year. It's always great to get back into a normal routine, set new goals, and start fresh and new.
Elizabeth all ready for her Senior year! Her schedule shouldn't be that bad this year so "HOPEFULLY" she will get more sleep than she did last year!!
Eyn packed up and heading to the bus. Eyn seems to be excited to "Finally" be in High School. He got a new cell phone this weekend so he's really ready!
Trent and Amberly on their way to school. We have a new elementary school that is only .35 miles from our home so Trent is excited to be able to ride his bike to school. (So am I!!) It will be nice having the school so close to our home and not having to fight any traffic to get there.
I can't believe my baby is in Kindergarten! She is more than ready to go and will do a great job! It's all day kindergarten here so I know she will definitely come home tired.
Trent and Amberly in front of the new school.
Amberly outside of her classroom. She was quiet, but was excited.


Amberly and her new teacher Ms. Lyundahl. (I think that's how you spell it. You pronounce it young doll.) She is incredibly sweet and I think Amberly will just love her!
Amberly and her Daddy. Darin went to work late today so he could see everyone off on their first day of school.

Amberly quickly made a new friend. I'm sure she will love kindergarten!

I've had many people ask me how it feels to have my baby going to school now. I really have a hard time answering that. I'm sad because I loved my time with Amberly when she was home with me. But, I'm happy for her because I know how much fun she is going to have. She has missed having her best friend Katie to play with and with be so happy making some new friends. Amberly loves to learn new things and make new things so I know how great this will be for her. I'm sad because with her gone to school it's like I'm stepping into a new phase of my life that I actually haven't looked forward to. But, I am excited for me too. I hope to be able to do many things that I have wanted to do which I haven't been able to do. I'm also excited because I plan on volunteering more in the schools. I hope to go to the temple more often also. It will be hard to adjust being alone all day, but it will be good. :) Darin and I have also been talking a lot about it being Elizabeth's "Last" year in high school. It seems like there are too many "Lasts" this year. When I think about her leaving to go to college next year that's when I really get chocked up. It's just hard to imagine life without her here all the time. We just keep telling ourselves to enjoy every minute of this year and we hope to make it a great year!

2 comments:

  1. wow - I can't quite imagine what it would be like to have a little alone time during the day. Only 4 more years and I'll find out :-)! Enjoy your days and take a nap for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 17 years I have had someone home with me. It is definetly different! I actually took a nap this morning and didn't feel guilty at all! I think it's the noise level that's hard to get use to. It's so quiet!

    ReplyDelete